Slow Days

It's Friday... almost the weekend!

Lately, I have been feeling tired, ill and generally a little down. I have spent the day in bed with a lovely hot water bottle and trying to find the motivation to finish a beautiful granny strip blanket I have recently started. 


I bought this yarn from B&M and only managed to find two skeins. It is really lovely, although sometimes a little bit 'splitty'. I wish I had been able to find some more of it as I do not think that two skeins are going to give me the length that I want. I may have to try and find a complimentary yarn to add in. I do have one from Stylecraft but feel it may be a little dark! Perhaps a hopeful trip to B&M this weekend is in order... I am just feeling the need for something comforting to wrap myself in. This yarn reminds me of a blanket my Grandmother knitted for me when I was a baby. It's familiar and safe. I can't wait to finish it!

I am not sure what kind of border I want either. I want the blanket to remain simple. I have thought of not using a border at all, but then I feel it will look unfinished. What do you think? I haven't seen a granny stripe without a border yet! 

I have been on Pinterest to try and find some inspiration, but I haven't really found anything yet. I used to be a huge Pinner but I feel like I just keep finding the same things! I would love to see what everyone else is pinning and expand my network slightly. 

On another note, I am feeling really proud that I am managing to blog on a more regular basis! 2016 has got off to a very productive start! 

Are you a regular, crafty blogger? I would love you to link your blog in the comments below!

Happy weekend (when it comes...)



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment