Finn (Adventure Time!) Key Ring - Free Pattern

So far this year, I have been keeping up with my goal of trying to blog more often and I am finding calm in having these little moments to myself each weekend. 

I am feeling slightly stressed as I have been promising to create something beautiful for a wonderful company but I just never seem to have the time, or the motivation, to do it. Hopefully I will find some inspiration and get moving with that project soon!

I have, however, been making some adorable key rings lately after a friend asked me to make some for her. 

I started out with Lumpy Space Princess and Jake the Dog from Adventure Time, following the patterns from Mia's Atelier. I noticed that she didn't have a pattern for Finn, so I created my own! 



You will need: 

Yarn 

  • White
  • Light blue
  • Dark blue
  • Light pink
Black embroidery floss
Yarn needle
3.5mm crochet hook
Scissors
Key ring/chain (I got a pack of 12 from eBay!)
Toy stuffing

Abbreviations (US terms!):

sc = single crochet
inc = increase (2sc in the same stitch)
dec = decrease (sc 2 stitches together)
mr = magic ring
sk = skip 1 stitch

Pattern: 


Head and Body 

Start using white yarn

Round 1: 6sc in mr
Round 2: Inc x 6 (12)
Round 3: Sc, inc x 6 (18)
Round 4-7: 1sc in each stitch (18)
Round 8: 1sc, dec x6 (12)

Attach light blue yarn
Round 9: 1 sc in each (12)
Round 10: 1sc, inc x 6 (18)
Round 11-12: 1 sc in each (18)

Attach dark blue yarn
Round 13-14: 1 sc in each (18)
Round 15: 1sc, dec x 6 (12)

Stuff the body lightly with the toy stuffing

Round 16: Dec x 6 (6)

Ears x 2 

Start using white yarn

Round 1: 4sc in mr (4)
Round 2: 1 sc in each (4) 
Fasten off, leaving a tail for attaching to head

Face 

Start using pink yarn

Round 1: 6 sc in mr (6)
Round 2: 2sc in next 4 sts (8)
Fasten off, leaving a tail for attaching to head

Embroider face on using black embroidery floss; I used french knots for the eyes

Hands and Arms x 2

Start using pink yarn

Round 1: Ch3, sk 1, sc in next 2 sts fasten off
Leave a tail as this will be the arms

Feet and Legs x 2

Start using black yarn
Round 1: Ch 3, sk 1, sc in next 2 sts fasten off
Attach pink yarn and leave a long tail for legs

When attaching the legs and arms, you are using the tail you should have left as the arms and legs. Don't pull the yarn all the way through when you are attaching!

Stitch all of the pieces together! 

What do you think? 

Let me know if you have any questions in the comments; I will try and get back to you ASAP!

I would love to see your Finn's over on Instagram!







(Disclaimer: I do NOT own the rights to the characters from Adventure Time; they are owned by Cartoon Network. I DO own the rights to this pattern and will NEVER charge people for using it. If the pattern is used, be aware that you may face copyright issues if you try to SELL your creation. You DO NOT have permission to copy, sell, or publish this pattern as your own.)

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment