Amigurumi Madness!

Hello again!

Over the past few months, I have been really interested in amigurumi. So much so, I have DRAWERS of things that I have made. I just cannot resist the cute little creatures that I spy on Pinterest. 

It took me a little while to actually get to grips with amigurumi... and that's not even including the time it took for me to learn how to create a magic ring! There are so many little skills that I needed to learn that it seemed too daunting to try creating my own patterns. I don't even think I'm brave enough to try anything now but I would love to make some in the future. I have always wanted to start my own Etsy shop as well. Maybe these are little hopes that I will achieve soon. 

Today, I thought I would share some of my favourite patterns with you from some of my favourite designers. There is nothing better than finding a blog with a treasure trove of dinky little animals that you just cannot wait to start making!

First up, we have Little Muggles. Whilst there are a range of patterns that you can buy, there are some really lovely patterns that are free! I have recently made some of the little octopi... their feet are just too cute! 

I have also made some of the mice and given them away as presents. I found that their character really changes when you use different colours and weights of yarn. My mum has a particularly cute little mouse in shades of purple that looks like it's from space! 




I am currently working on Sammy the Seal; who is much bigger than the photo suggests! His little muzzle is adorable though. 



When I very first started my blog, I posted about Herbert the Cat. This is a cute little pattern from Lilleliis. Looking back at the post, I can see how far I have come with my crochet. I never thought that it was perfect, but I thought it was good. That post has really shown me how much I have improved my crochet and amigurumi skills! This was a time before I had even HEARD of safety eyes! 

Lilleliis has a collection of beautiful little projects. I am already itching to start Felix the Frog! 

My brother found Nerdigurumi for me. He is a huge gamer and wants me to make almost everything on this blog! I have yet to actually crochet anything, but I am constantly checking back for new projects and ideas. I am preparing to start the Big Daddy Bouncer doll from Bio-Shock but I'm finding it a little bit scary! I only have two of the colours I need... maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get it started. It needs to be finished for April!

These are a lovely collection of blogs to welcome you into the amigurumi world. The books by Annie Obachaan (mentioned in this post) are also delightful and easy to access. 

Let me know how you get on if you start any of these projects!


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment