Sophie's Universe CAL by Look At What I Made

Hello!

It has been crazy at Hazel & Peanut HQ. The Christmas season has been wonderfully busy and I have somehow managed to find the time in the midst of it to start this beautiful CAL from Dedri at Look At What I Made

I mentioned this in the Reflection blog post (find that here!) and posted a picture of my progress so far. 

I thought it would be nice to post regular little updates of this beauty so here is the first!


This project grows REALLY fast. I didn't really notice the size of this project when I was looking at pictures online. It is going to be massive; which isn't a bad thing! I have been wanting to try a large scale project which changes often as I get bored of repeating the same stitches again and again. 

I am also finding that my ability to read written patterns and learn new stitches is also growing really quickly. As somewhat of a beginner, I was nervous to start such an enormous project but it is easy to pick up and the instructions are always very clear. 


My colour choices are completely random. I just have a look through my stash and choose colours that I feel like using. I was thinking that it would be a fun idea to pair this pattern with the Temperature Blanket that some people are starting for 2016. You could easily crochet a round a day using a colour which reflects the temperature of that day and it would be gorgeous! Maybe I will try that when I have finished this one... 

I am finding that this is a great stash buster. I have recently spent some time winding all of my yarn (a new post on that soon!) and having a look at everything I have has made me realise that I really need to use some of it up! I am always reluctant to use some of my yarn because it is so lovely that I just want to stare at it... but obviously that is ridiculous! I have managed to use some of my favourite Stylecraft colours in here; particularly Sunshine and Clematis. 


I have only managed to crochet up to Part 4. There have been some really tricky rounds here! I had never used surface crochet before and it has been great to see how I can actually use chains in my work to create some patterns which frame little points of your work. The surface flowers made with half-double crochet stitches are also fun and I cannot wait to start using some of these new ideas in my other projects!

Have you started or finished a Sophie? Show me yours on Instagram!

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment