I'm Back...

Hello! It's been a while...

I have been feeling 'blogger guilt'; the feeling when you know you should be posting more regularly but you just can't and the feeling that you should be online writing about WIPs (works in progress for those not 'in the know') and yarn and all things crafty gets really overwhelming. BUT I am back!

I have been working on too many projects recently. Lots of little things like birthdays and anniversaries and CALs (crochet-a-longs) have all come along at once and I have been wanting to do EVERYTHING!

I recently finished this little beauty that I gifted to my mum using one of Heidi Bears' patterns.


It was MASSIVE. I wish I had actually measured the beast before I sent it back home. It was almost bigger than me... a rather short 5'3" woman. 

If you are thinking about taking on the challenge of a Heidi Bears pattern, here is a word of advice: stick to the recommended yarn weight! I ended up using Stylecraft Special DK and it was just too big. I couldn't afford to use the cotton that was recommended so I thought I would just wing it. Although everyone was pleased with Smaug, he came out a look bigger than expected. Bear this in mind if you are planning on attempting one of these amazing designs!

I am also currently working on Fibi the Fox from Lalylala



I think Fibi might be one of the cutest things I have ever made. Having learnt from my Heidi Bears mistake, I popped into Hobbycraft and bought the yarn that was closest to what I needed. I found that they didn't have an excellent supply of cotton in 4 ply, so I had to guesstimate. Luckily, the yarn I am using (Patons 100% cotton and DMC Natura cotton) is giving me some lovely results. I really love the stitch defintion and I may actually be a cotton covert...

I have been eyeing up many of the other Lalylala patterns; particularly the Carla set so that I can complete the add-on's recently added to Lalylala's blog - I absolutely adore snowdrops and I have a very special someone in mind who may appreciate these little beauties.

Last but not least (purely because I like to do things in threes... see my Instagram for other projects!), I am also working on the Summer in Swanage blanket from Look At What I Made, who also brought us the lovely Sophie's Universe.


I feel this project is going to become a labour of love. I swapped out the Scheepjes yarn for some Stylecraft Special DK and didn't take the yardage into consideration properly so it's been a little (a lot) trial and error. I am thinking of writing a separate blog post for this project so I can show you my yarn substitutions and go through some little handy trips and tricks I have found to make the project slightly more manageable. Let me know if this may be something you would like to see!

I hope this little update will tide you over... let's hope it's not too long until the next one!

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment